T.J. Sharpe is a Stage IV melanoma patient who shares his journey through cancer in the Patient #1 Blog on www.oncology-central.com, www.philly.com/patient1/, www.SkinCancer.net, and on www.NovartisOncology.com. He was diagnosed in August 2012 with melanoma tumors in multiple organs, only 4 weeks after his second child was born. Since then, he has undergone six surgeries and four immunotherapy treatments over two different clinical trials. The initial failures, and subsequent complete response, have been chronicled in his blog posts since December 2012. In addition to writing, he is a keynote speaker and consultant to the biopharma and clinical research industries, bringing an educated patient voice as a true stakeholder in challenging healthcare’s status and making a difference in patients’ lives via his company, Starfish Harbor LLC. A South Jersey native, T.J. lives in Fort Lauderdale, FL, with his wife Jennifer and two young children, Josie and Tommy.
Recent articles from T.J.:
- What do cancer patients want answered about COVID-19?
- The patient perspective on… tumor mutation burden
- CTLA-4, PD-1 and the Nobel Prize: a patient’s reaction to immunotherapy recognition
- Pharma, President, Patients: the cancer cost conundrum
- Deciding when to stop immunotherapy: exploring KEYNOTE-006 data
- AACR 2018 lung cancer advancements: how will the findings translate in clinic?
- The Patient Perspective on… lifestyle and cancer treatment
- The Patient Perspective on… immunotherapy advancements
- The Patient Perspective on… the aftermath of treatment