Get your cameras ready for the second year of the Capturing Cancer: Oncology Central Photography Competition! This is your chance to share your outstanding photos that illustrate discoveries and pioneering research being made in the cancer field.
The finalists will receive:
We welcome entries that explore oncology from the molecular to the clinical level. You may wish to showcase; the biology of cancer through fluorescent labeling, the complex signalling pathways of cancers through microscopy and staining, or day-to-day clinical situations. If you are looking for some inspiration, why not view our 2018 finalists?
How can I enter?
What are we looking for?
The Capturing Cancer: Oncology Central Photography Competition is an opportunity for all clinicians and cancer researchers to share their work using imagery; from images that can only be observed with the aid of a microscope to photos demonstrating key themes in clinical oncology. Find out more by viewing our winners from the inaugural competition.
Two winners will be chosen:
The Capturing Cancer: Oncology Central Photography Competition winner will be picked by the Oncology Central judging panel.
A second image will be picked for the Oncologists Choice Award – as chosen by the public on social media.
Entries must be submitted by 18th November 2019, 18:00 GMT/12:00 CDT/13:00 EDT.
The Capturing Cancer: Oncology Central Photography Competition rewards the best single images that illustrate cutting-edge research and care in the field of oncology.
By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions:
1.1. The Competition is free to enter.
1.2. The Open Competition is open to all members of the public.
1.3. Entries must be submitted by 18th November 2019, 18:00 GMT/12:00 CDT/13:00 EDT.
2. To enter, you must email your image to Editor Jade Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Photo Competition’.
2.1. Each entrant can submit up to three images for free. Judging will be based on the single image and not the series of images.
2.2. Images should be a minimum of 300dpi. Images should be of the highest quality available and saved as JPEG or JPG files. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for enlargement and printing, should the image be required. Very large images should be sent by WeTransfer.
2.3. Image needs to be saved in file format ‘photographerfullname.jpeg’ and submitted with an image title and minimum of 25 word description
3. A shortlist of up to ten photographs will be selected and the overall winner will be announced in November.
3.1 The decision of the judging committee is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
4.1 Oncology Central reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the owner and author of each entry
4.1.2 You have the right to make your entry available to the competition
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
4.1.4 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity. Images in public spaces do not require release from background people/subjects.
5. All entrants understand that any image submitted to the competition may be used by Oncology Central and its partners for marketing and promotional purposes. You hereby grant Future Science Group a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author, Oncology Central and the Capturing Cancer: Oncology Central Photography Competition.
6. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
7. There are no cash alternatives for the prizes offered.